The Pedestrian Master Plan (PMP) is the first citywide planning effort focused on making walking
in Walnut Creek safer, easier and more popular. Toward this end, the PMP will:
- Outline goals, policies and actions to guide the positive evolution of walking in the city.
- Assess existing conditions for walking, including obstacles and challenges.
- Develop broad recommendations for physical improvements suited to different pedestrian contexts and environments.
- Recommend programs and activities to promote and encourage walking.
- Formulate guidelines for the design of sidewalks, crosswalks and footpaths.