- Downtown garages are all open to the public. Current fees are $1.25 per hour with the first hour will be free.
- Lesher Center Garage (664 spaces) - 1625 Locust Street (Special Parking Rates may apply during Lesher Center Performances)
- South Locust Street Parking Garage (250 spaces) - 1350 Locust Street (Between Mt. Diablo Blvd. and Cypress Street)
- Broadway Parking Garage (464 spaces) - 1390 Broadway (One block South of the downtown Library)
- There are also many privately owned garages and parking lots throughout downtown Walnut Creek. Pricing and time limits vary.
- Downtown Core green meters are operating 7 days a week: $2 per hour with 3-hour time limits.
- Purple parking meters are operating 7 days a week: $1 per hour with 10-hour time limits.
Download the Parkmobile app to pay for parking, extend your parking time and avoid touching the parking meters.
Monthly pass holders will need to have their parking card ready and scan it upon pulling into the lane. In the event that the machine dispenses a ticket before the monthly pass was scanned, the ticket will be validated at the exit lane after verification of account status.
Hourly parkers: 1st Hour free $1.25 per hour Lost tickets must pay the maximum $25.00 rate
Check out the City's Dynamic Parking Map and learn how parking demand is managed Downtown.
Route 4 provides daily service to many destinations in Downtown Walnut Creek, including Broadway Plaza, Main Street Plaza, the Lesher Center for the Arts, City Hall, and the Senior Center. All passengers ride for free, courtesy of the City of Walnut Creek. The route is operated with an all-electric, trolley-replica bus, making it an eco-friendly choice for getting around downtown. Click here to download a map and the new schedule.
In addition to the Walnut Creek Trolley service enhancements, County Connection is also extending Route 14 to serve Walnut Creek BART via Oak/Civic and increasing service to every 30 minutes. For more information on County Connection’s services and additional changes coming in March, visit countyconnection.com or call (925) 676-7500.
Need to pay a parking citation? Click here for details
We make parking easy, check out the latest PARKME APP!
ParkMe is a free app that helps you find the closest, cheapest parking nearby and displays real-time availability at select destinations. Download your free mobile app. IOS Android
Employee parking options are now available on the Employee Parking Program App - Spot Hero
* Download the app
* Reserve your parking spot in the SpotHero app
* $3-$5 reserves your space for the entire day right from your phone!
One of the East Bay's busiest BART stations, BART riders can easily connect to Walnut Creek's thriving business, shopping, and dining community. A short walk to the traditional Downtown or jump aboard the free trolley for a ride to Broadway Plaza.
There are two Bay Area Rapid Transit stations in the Walnut Creek area: the Walnut Creek station at Ygnacio Valley Road and Interstate 680, and the Pleasant Hill station at Treat Boulevard and Oak Road.